welcome

to my blog. relax, read, laugh, cry, or just do whatever it is that you do when you read a blog.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

new blog!

so, i have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, not for anything important, just my silly little crafts. i put off setting one up because i really don't think i craft all that often; but then today, today i found out that my sister is having a baby! this means that i will have a little one to knit and craft for, and therefore i will be doing it a lot more often, thus, my blog is born.
so now some stuff about me:
i am 22 years old, but that will change on sunday, i will turn 23. i live in a little apartment in felton (near santa cruz, ca) with my boyfriend and our 2 cats, but in all honesty, i am a dog person. i currently work in santa cruz at an irish pub. i love to read, learn, and spend time outdoors. i am a big history nerd, especially when it comes to pirates (the real kind, not the fantasy swash-buckleing yo-ho types) and the renaissance. i listen to NPR and i love it so much that i get their podcasts on my ipod. i am a photographer and i sew, knit, scrapbook, embroider, stencil, cook, and bake, but not often enough. i would love to never have to go to work and instead spend my time doing these things. nothing bothers me more than people living up to their stereotypes, rudeness, and bad grammar. that being said, i tend to not use capitals, unless i am "shouting" when typing online. i speak spanish and i sign, and i half speak german, that is, i kinda speak german. well, i don't speak enough to live in germany but i can kinda watch german tv and understand it, sometimes.
i do not make any apologies for being who i am. i am thankful to be me and who i have become. not everything in life is happy and pleasant but i feel that what we do with those negative things and how we react to them is what makes us better or worse as people. i am not perfect and would never claim to be, i am only who i am. i will rant, swear, bitch and moan in some of these posts, i'm sure of it. therefore, anyone who is too sensitive to read the f word every now and again should not read this blog; it won't be too frequent but i'm sure it will be there someitmes.
i don't expect anyone to read my blog, i don't expect it to be very interesting to anyone but me. the main reason i started a blog was because i would look at other crafter's blogs and wish i had one, that i could show my creations off to the world proudly. this blog is more of one of those things i will use to tell my friends "go check out what i made, it's on my blog." this blog is only to satisfy my own ego.
ok, thats about it for now, i guess. i really don't need to say much more because, after all, this is MY blog and so anyone who reads this will find out enough about me as time progresses.

No comments: